Wednesday October 2, 2019
Leadership Skills Training
Training Provider: Common Compass
The focus of this training will be:
– Understanding the role of emotionally intelligent leadership in the workplace and developing skills in how to handle these dilemmas
– Developing communication skills for effective problem solving in workplace culture
– Understanding how inclusion can promote an effective workplace culture
– Understanding and implementing various leadership styles and approaches
Training time is from 9:00am-2:30pm.
Training will take place at St. Mary’s High School
Lunch is provided.
You will earn 2 elective certification(s).
October 16, 2019
Infection Control Training
St. John’s Ambulance, Kitchener
During this 1/2 day morning session with St. John’s Ambulance, you will learn about different types of infections you might be exposed to in the health & wellness field.
In this session you will participate in hands-on activities, learning how to properly take off “contaminated” gloves, face masks and gowns. Plus, understand how to properly wash your hands of viruses and bacteria.
Lunch is provided.
You will earn 1 certification.
Take training in your OWN time
!!! SHSM will cover the cost of your CPR Level C & Standard First Aid!!!
1. Contact St. John’s Ambulance below to set up a WEEKEND training session
(Check out their online schedule HERE and select “Standard First Aid with CPR C + AED”.
2. You must inform St. John’s Ambulance:
– your name & school
– you’re a student of the Specialist High Skills Major program
– you’re a student with the Waterloo Catholic School Board
– you need CPR Level C & Standard First Aid
3. Attend training on the date you selected.
4. Once you complete the training, St. John’s Ambulance will notify SHSM,
and we will add it to your SHSM record.
1. Select the online training you’d like to complete from the list below:
2. Email SHSM@wcdsb.ca with your:
– Name, school, major and type of training you’d like to take
3. Wait three days for the activation and then complete online training on your own time.
4. Email SHSM@wcdsb.ca to confirm you’ve completed training
(It may take up to two weeks for it to appear on your SHSM record)
ONLINE TRAINING AVAILABLE: