Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Are you interested in 2D and 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing?
During this one day session, you will learn more about AutoCAD for use in mechanical drawings. In this session you will create your own completed drawing of an object using the latest version of this software. You will also design a manufacturing toolpath using MasterCAM X9 for the same part to understand how your drawing becomes reality!
Plus! Learn more about how AudoCAD applies to the workplace in today’s industries. You’ll also receive an explanation of manual CNC programming.
Training time runs from 9:00am-2:00pm
Lunch is provided.
You will earn 1 elective certification.
2 DAYS: Tuesdays, April 2 & 9, 2019
Standard First Aid & CPR-C Training
St. John’s Ambulance, Cambridge
Every employer wants to have a safe worker! Take this certification to learn how to assist other’s when in need. Plus, add it to your resume, as it’ll help you find a part time job! After completing this two day training session you will receive 2 certifications in CPR-C and Standard First Aid.
You must attend on both days to earn your certifications!
Training time is from 9:00am-3:30pm on both days
Lunch is provided.
You will earn 2 mandatory certifications
Take training in your OWN time
1. Call St. John’s Ambulance below to set up a training session (you cannot register online if SHSM is to pay for the training).
2. You MUST CALL St. John’s Ambulance (do not register online) to inform them:
– your name & school
– you’re a student of the Specialist High Skills Major program
– you’re a student with the Waterloo Catholic School Board
– you need CPR Level C & Standard First Aid
3. Attend training on the date you selected.
*NOTE: You will be charged a fee if you do not attend
4. St. John’s will invoice the SHSM program. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY, and your training will be listed on your progress report by the end of the summer!
1. Select the online training you’d like to complete from the list below:
2. Email SHSM@wcdsb.ca with your:
– Name, school, major and type of training you’d like to take
3. Wait three days for the activation and then complete online training on your own time.
4. Email SHSM@wcdsb.ca to confirm you’ve completed training
(It may take up to two weeks for it to appear on your SHSM record)
ONLINE TRAINING AVAILABLE: